What items are commonly shipped from USA to Singapore?
Since time immemorial shipping has been a major mode of transport which has undergone numerous advancement; for instance, from the normal sailing to find food and resources in the past centuries to the present world where containerization is the major mode of maritime shipping. Shipping, also known as sea freight, can be defined as the act or process of transporting an item or persons from one place to another mainly through a ship. Singapore been the world’s second busiest port according to the world shipping council, it receives a wide variety of imports. The consistent growth of international trade has led to an increase in the variety of items traded globally which include:
- Minerals such as petroleum products
- Electronic equipment
- Motor vehicles
- Medical supplies
- Agricultural produce
- Precious metals
The commodities depend on the countries competitive advantage and needs on whether to manufacture and produce or to import what they necessitate.
Common prohibited items to be imported to Singapore
There are many commonly prohibited items in Singapore. Prohibition is mainly caused by the negative effects of these products on the economy and to its citizen’s well being. These items include but is not limited to:
Benefits of engaging a freight forwarder to ship your items
Freight forwarders deal with imports and exports services world widely. They identify and choose the best routes and mode of transport for shippers. Hiring this multinationals to superintend delivery of shipment has a great financial impact to both the exporter and importer.
- Also known as a sea freight agent, having a one stop solution to all shipping woes helps to reduce stress and provide steadfast shipping services at evenhanded rates.
- Having a vast network across the globe gives a guarantee of the expected time for the shipment to arrive.
- Freight forwarders have the ability to arrange for cargo insurance for your goods so that there is certainty that they will reach your destination in the same condition they were dispatched.
- They also help the importer in choosing the best mode of transport with respect to reliability, cost and urgency of the goods been shipped.
- Professional freight forwarders also do all the documentation work required to ship cargo to various destinations.
Reliable and Competent
Adaptable to changes
M & P International Freights is proactive and constantly adaptive to newfangled challenges in the markets. Hence, we able to offer world class services to its customers and gain much trust from their customers.