Top 10 Items Commonly Shipped from Singapore to Thailand
Thailand is one of the most common recipients of the high-quality products and items that come from Singapore. In fact, exports to Thailand from Singapore take around 3.3% or more than 6 billion of the country’s overall imports. Among these items are:
- Electronic equipment – amounting to around $2 billion
- Mineral fuels, like oil
- Perfumes, fragrances and cosmetic products
- Organic chemicals
- Some chemical goods
- Gems and precious metals
Acceptable Modes of Shipment
In Thailand, the most popular form of shipment used by international countries are the following:
- Less than Container Load (LCL) – This form of shipment refers to a load of cargo, which is below the standard quantity or weight where freight rates are applicable. In most cases, the fees for this mode of shipment are usually lower provided you meet the minimum volume or level of tons. It often requires you to pay for the space taken up by your cargo load in a standard container.
Many consider it beneficial because of its flexibility. It is flexible in the sense that it allows ease in changing the product mix without having to waste inventory. Choosing the LCL route also means lower shipping cost. In addition, it minimizes financial and product exposure while also offering protection against delays in production.
- Full Container Load (FCL) – Another form of shipment acceptable in Thailand is the FCL or full container load. FCL means that the load for a certain shipment already reaches the max weight allowed. In most cases, it uses a standard container measuring around 20feet or a 40ft shipping container.
Though the container is full, you can still choose not to fill it up. In fact, you can reserve the available space for any special needs you prefer. Another advantage is that it works well, especially if you plan to ship large goods to Thailand. It requires less handling of goods since the container will only be opened based on your instructions and at the point of destination. It can also protect fragile goods, like chemicals.
When Does the Shipment from Singapore to Thailand Arrive?
It takes at least three days for a shipment from Singapore to reach the port of Thailand. In some cases, the shipment duration can reach up to seven days.
Shipping Procedures to Follow when Shipping from Singapore to Thailand
- Complete the airway bill – This is one of the steps you have to comply when you plan to ship items from Singapore to Thailand. Just make sure that the items are not prohibited in any way. Once the airway bill is complete, ensure that it has a mark stating “used personal effects”. Marking the items as “household goods” or “household effects” is a no-no as this might result to delays. It might also cause you to pay for unnecessary duties.
- Provide proof of identification – Some options are passport, residence visa copy, and work permit. Submit two copies of the inventory of all the items you plan to ship to the agents who handle the shipment, too. Along with the copies of inventory should be the original copy of the airway bill. Ensure that the shipment clearly marks your name on it.
- Prepare all the documents and make them available during customs inspection – Avoid storing the items when you are still obtaining a work permit. You need the permit prior to shipping the good. It is also a must to present your original passport.
- Wait for the items to get cleared in Thailand customs – In most cases, the clearing takes up to five working days. If you want a smooth-sailing process, then you can always seek the aid of freight forwarding services.
Shipping Ports in Thailand
If you want to ship items from Singapore to Thailand, then you have to take note of the available ports in the country. Some of the most popular ones where international shipments take place are the following:
- Laem Chabang
Items Prohibited for Shipment from Singapore to Thailand
- Obscene pictures and literature
- Fake coins and currency
- Banned drugs, like cocaine, heroin, and marijuana
- Goods that display the royal seal or national flag
- Counterfeit or pirated goods
Why should you hire M&P International as your freight forwarder?
- Guarantees the delivery of your goods in perfect condition – Hiring a freight forwarding company is a must as a professional and expert one can safeguard your interest. You have an assurance that your goods will be delivered in perfect condition as its team will take care of them until the time they reach their destination. Freight forwarders also take full responsibility just in case something bad happens to your shipment unexpectedly.
- Promotes organization and manageability – Both of these factors are extremely useful for any business that needs to obtain a sense of control when it comes to their supply chain. With the help of a freight forwarder, there is also some sort of assurance that you can quickly recover in case of loss. It is mainly because a good freight forwarding company can make use of its nimble networks to trace an issue directly to its source, thereby promoting the immediate resolution of the problem.
- Hassle-free shipping – Do you want to experience a hassle-free shipping from Singapore to Thailand? Then you can always seek our help. We are fully aware of all details relevant to documentation, regulations, licenses, taxes, and others, so you have an assurance that we can be of help in managing all aspects related to the shipment.
- Competitive rates – Our shipping services are offered at reasonable prices. We can ship your goods while ensuring that they are on excellent condition during transit without causing you to spend a fortune. Our team can handle the entire shipping process on a timely manner at a very reasonable cost.
Aside from that, a freight forwarding company can also help you save on cost while also giving you freedom from contracts.