What are the Items Commonly Shipped from Singapore to Indonesia?
Indonesia is one of the many countries that often receive shipment of products from Singapore. It is mainly because Singapore is known for its many high-quality products. With that, Indonesia continues to patronize Singaporean products. If you’re still unsure what specific items and products that are commonly shipped from Singapore to Indonesia, then here is a short list to give you an idea:
- Mineral fuels – These include oil. Overall, this accounts for up to $6.7 billion of the total amount of products shipped from Singapore to Indonesia.
- Machinery and electronic equipment
- Medical and technical equipment
- Organic chemicals
- Perfumes, fragrances, and cosmetic products
- Steel or iron products
- Live plants and trees
- Chemical goods
What Types of Shipment Mode are There?
LCL – Otherwise known as less than container load, LCL is a mode of shipment popularly used in Indonesia. As the name suggests, it describes shipping goods in a container that’s not full. It has empty spaces. With such spaces, your chosen freight forwarder will most likely group all the other LCL goods that are going to the same route and port of destination. This is the main reason why LCL is also known as group shipping.
In this case, the containers will be filled with various goods and products owned by various people and businesses. However, take note that for them to be grouped together, they need to have similar destination. One advantage of LCL is that it is more affordable when compared to other modes of payment. It is because you will need to share the container with other shippers, thereby cutting the entire shipment cost.
FCL – Short for full container load, FCL is the ideal mode of shipment if your planned shipment consists of goods that can accommodate one full container load. Considering that, expect that all the goods in an FCL cargo container is just owned by a single shipper. However, take note that even if owned by just a single shipper, the container does not need to be fully loaded if you choose the FCL mode.
You have the option of making it half or quarter loaded. Even with that option, no other shippers can put their goods in your container as you have already indicated that you are using the FCL mode of shipment. It is a cost-effective option if you plan to transport items that are more than 15 cubic meters. It is beneficial because of its faster transit time than LCL and its high level of security. Expect your cargo to be less prone to damage if you choose this route.
How Long Does it Take to Ship from Singapore to Indonesia?
In most cases, shipment from Singapore to Indonesia takes around three to four days. However, there are also instances when the transit time will take roughly a week, especially for remote locations in Indonesia.
What is the Shipping Procedure from Singapore to Indonesia?
- Secure a taxpayer identification number as well as one business license – Such will help you carry out shipping activities to Indonesia. Aside from the taxpayer identification number, you need one business license. Your options include the trade license coming from Ministry of trade, PMA license from the Investment Coordinating Board, manufacturing license from Ministry of industry, and Exporter Identification number.
- Determine the eligibility of goods – Ensure that it is eligible for shipment to Indonesia. In addition, check whether there is a quota restriction, regulated condition or prohibition imposed for specific types of products. It is also important to confirm the payment system during this stage.
- Package and schedule the shipment – This is also the part when you need to undertake an important step which is to submit a PEB (Pemberitahuan Exspor Barang) to Indonesia’s Customs and Excise Office. Submit the PEB together with other documents that the office might require, including the packing list, invoice, and any other legal paperwork provided by relevant technical bodies. Wait for the export approval.
- Allow physical inspection – To ship to Indonesia, a mandatory physical inspection is necessary. Make sure that you allow the inspection of the goods you plan to ship to avoid any legal consequences.
Benefits of Engaging a Freight Forwarder to Ship your Items
Aside from the benefits mentioned above, a good freight forwarding company can also help you mitigate risks involved in supply chain. In addition, they know exactly how to streamline export processes while also providing you with enough assistance when it comes to export licenses and documentation.
List of Indonesia Shipping and Container Ports
Common Prohibited Items to be Imported to Indonesia
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic materials
- Explosives, ammunition, and firearms
- Politically sensitive materials, including printed papers and pictures
- Hunting guns, sports weapons, and any other types of gun
Why should you Engage M&P International Freights to do the Shipping for you?
- Flexibility – Our flexibility is one hundred percent guaranteed. While it would be impossible for you to deliver the items you plan to ship to Indonesia if you are in another country, like Singapore, we can make the entire shipment possible for you. We, at M&P, always prioritize finding relevant solutions to deliver the package and shipment of our clients on time.
- We care about your things – We are also concerned about your reputation. With that, we make it a point to use all possible solutions to ensure that your items will reach its intended destination in Indonesia safely and on time. That’s extremely useful if you are an entrepreneur who wishes to maintain a good relationship with your clients in another country.
- Competitive rates – Another thing we are totally proud of is the competitiveness of our rates. Ensure that we offer our shipping services without requiring you to spend too much