Require shipping from China to Singapore? M&P International Freights has the capabilities to assist you.
We have years of experience in this industry and we are able to handle all sizes and types of cargo.
With our wide network of partners and suppliers, we are also able to provide one of the most competitive rates in the market.
Commonly Shipped Cargo
Here is a list of some of the most commonly imported cargo from China to Singapore:
- Electronic Equipment
- Machinery (usually for construction)
- Mineral fuels as well as oil
- Medical and technical equipment
- Iron and steel for building homes
- Iron or steel products
- Live trees and plants
- Organic chemicals for various purposes
Shipping Modes To Choose From
When you are choosing to ship items, it’s important to determine the volume of the cargo before paying for the shipping. In international freights, there are two ways to ship your cargo: FCL or LCL.
FCL (Full Container Load)
This shipment mode is best used when shipping a large amount of cargo. And by large, they mean enough to fill an entire cargo container. When you choose to get FCL as your mode of shipment, you will be paying for the entire container so it is best to make full use of it.
LCL (less than Container Load)
If your shipment is not enough to fill an entire cargo container, you could choose to share the container with other customers. With FCL, you will be paying for the entire load inside the container, while with LCL, you will only be paying for the space your cargo occupies. And this is measured by cubic meter, making this a cheaper option.
How Long Does It Take For Cargo To Arrive In Singapore?
China is one of the world’s biggest importers, but just how long will it take for your cargo to arrive from China to Singapore? It will all depend on how the cargo will be transported. If it will be by air freight, it shouldn’t take more than a day for it to make a landing in Singapore. If it’s by ocean freight, it may take a little longer.
Customs checks are mandatory for all cargo arriving at port, so that may take another few days before it is cleared and ready to go to the company who ordered the cargo.
Prohibited Products in Singapore
Before shipping cargo to Singapore, take note of this list of prohibited goods to avoid any problems:
- Chewing Gum
- Chewing tobacco including imitation tobacco products like e-cigarettes
- Gun shaped lighters
- Controlled or psychotropic drugs
- Endangered species of wildlife
- Any type of pornography
Benefits of Using a Freight Forwarder
If this is your first time shipping large amounts of cargo from country to country, then you might want to consider availing the services of a freight forwarder. But what is a freight forwarder? A freight forwarder is a firm that handles your shipments for you. They are not a shipping firm, rather think of them more as a travel agency but for cargo.
They will be responsible with finding you the best rates in shipping your item with the best delivery time. They can also help customers with all the legal documents and other types of services including:
Why Choose M&P International?
There are a lot of active freight forwarders, but M&P International Freights have all the qualifications that will make sure that your cargo will be safe as it gets from point A to point B. Here are some of their qualifications:
- Over 10 years in experience and certified. You wouldn’t trust a company with no background in the industry, luckily M&P International Freights have been shipping cargo for more than 10 years, and what’s more they are certified and accredited with the SLA, MTO and FIATA.
- Competitive Pricing and Great Customer Support. M&P offer customers great prices partnered with great support, so that they will be getting the best price for their cargo shipment, all while getting support from M&P personnel about the status of their shipment.