Shipping from Australia to Singapore and need some help? Our experienced and trained staff may be able to assist you.
M&P International Freights has years of experience in this industry and we would be able to get your goods to Singapore quickly and safely.
With our large network of partners and suppliers, we also have one of the most competitive rates with many delivery timings for you to choose from. We have also one of the best rate for warehousing services in Singapore.
Items Commonly Being Shipped from Australia to Singapore
Singapore is one of the countries all over the world where products in Australia are commonly exported to. In fact, up to $4.3 billion of the overall exports in Australia are for Singaporean consumers. That said, the most popular products shipped from Australia to Singapore, include the following:
- Mineral fuel, which takes up to a billion dollar of the Australia’s overall export – ex. oil.
- Precious metals and gems
- Live plants and trees
- Vegetable/animal fats and oils
- Aircraft and spacecraft
- Electronic devices and equipment
- Eggs, honey, and dairy products
- Technical and medical equipment and devices
What Types of Shipment Modes are There?
Less than Container Load
LCL shipping is a type of shipment used in Australia, which is ideal for those with a load that fall short of the minimum threshold when it comes to transporting goods using a typical shipping container. Short for Less than Container Load, LCL can offer plenty of benefits to shippers.
One benefit is the lower shipment rate than what you’ll pay for a full container. You’ll only need to pay the space you consume based on volume, instead of on weight. In addition, you can drop off and pick up the cargo from the specific warehouse where the loading and unloading of containers is done.
That said, there’s no need to get the help of a middleman just to ensure that your cargo reaches its final destination, which is Singapore.
Full Container Load
Short for Full Container Load shipping, FCL is a more cost-effective option if you’re planning to ship more than fifteen cubic meters of cargo from Australia to Singapore. In comparison to air freight, FCL is more cost-effective although the latter has a longer shipping time.
Shipping time, however, is still faster in comparison to LCL as FCL involves less unforeseen delays and overall handling. Also, an added benefit is the high level of security it offers. FCL can lessen the risk of your cargo getting damaged because of the minimal handling of the container.
How Long Does it Take to Ship from Australia to Singapore?
Shipping goods from Australia to Singapore often takes around four to eight weeks. This period may vary based on the time of year as well as your chosen forwarder.
In addition, whether you choose to ship your items by sea freight or air freight will also determine the speed at which your cargo will arrive
What is the Shipping Procedure from Australia to Singapore?
Find out the difference between shipping from Singapore to Australia as well.
Common Prohibited Items to be Imported to Singapore
- Chewing gum, excluding those that gained the approval of the Health Sciences Authority for use as oral dental and medicinal gums
- Cigarette lighters, particularly those shaped like a revolver or pistol
- Rhinoceros horn
- Some prohibited telecommunication equipment, like military communication devices, scanning receivers, and telephone voice changing device
Benefits of Engaging a Freight Forwarder to Ship your Items
Ease in packing and labeling your goods
A good freight forwarder will offer to pick and pack your goods. Such is a good thing, especially if you want to relieve yourself from the burden of having to pack and label them yourself.
The most reliable and reputable freight forwarders are always after the interest of their clients. This gives you some sort of assurance that they will take care of your goods until these reach their final destination. Most freight forwarders also take full liability just in case an unexpected thing happens to your shipment.
Guarantees hassle-free shipping
Freight forwarders are fully aware of the taxes, licenses, documentation, rules, regulations, and other things related to international shipping. With that, you have an assurance that you’ll receive enough assistance to handle the task. This ensures that you can ship items to Singapore with minimal to zero hassle.
Why should you Engage our Company to do the Shipping for you?
- Complete knowledge about the entire procedure – We know exactly what we’re doing. Our freight forwarding company is full of experts who are fully aware of the ins and outs of shipping items from Australia to Singapore. That said, you’ll no longer be too overwhelmed with all the procedures you need to follow. We can ship your items properly while complying with the law.
- Solid reputation – Our solid reputation in the freight forwarding and shipping industry can also ensure that we can deliver your goods with ease. We work with a huge network of carriers, allowing us to handle the shipping task effortlessly, regardless of its size. Hiring M&P for your sea freight logistics means that you’re working with the best.