Where to Enlist Sea Freight Services?
- Cheaper as you save the cost of hiring an external party to plan and organise the entire shipment for you.
- Time-consuming as you are planning and sourcing for shipping companies, choosing the quickest route to transport your cargo, purchasing cargo insurance for your goods, preparing international custom forms and submitting them to the relevant authorities.
- Hassle-free because the freight forwarder will do most of the administrative work for you and will only require you to fill in the international custom forms and submit it to them. Furthermore, they can source for and negotiate the best terms to ship your goods on your behalf, advise you on exporting rules in USA and import rules in Singapore and provide you with options such as cargo insurance that will be tailored for your shipment. Hence, saving you time and potentially money in the process.
- Additional fees will be incurred when enlisting the company’s services.
Who Requires Sea Freight Services?
Generally, those who will need sea freight services fall into 3 categories:
- Foreigners who need to shift their belongings to Singapore as they will be moving there.
- Businesses which require goods to be sent over to Singapore.
- Businesses which are using Singapore as a port-of-call for trans-shipping to other regions.
Restrictions on imports in Singapore